Giving baby juice?

My dd will be 4 months on the 30th of this month. Lately she has been struggling to poop. I was wondering if it is okay to give her some diluted apple juice? if not what would you recommend?

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• prune juice is faster

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Agree prune juice
    dtMOM09

Answer by dtMOM09 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• A probiotic would be better for her than juice.
    Anonymous

• prune juice is better for that. Is she straining to poop or is she just not pooing often? It is normal for some babies especially breast fed one to go up to 5 days with out a poop with no discomfort.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Prune juice works better, but if the issue is not as many soiled diapers it is very normal for breastfed babies to not go as often as they get older and up to 5 days is not unheard of. If LO is truly struggling to go then I would check with the doc first, but I would go prune rather then apple.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Before doing anything, has there been any recent changes to her diet? If the stool is not dry, hard, or pellet like, it's not constipation, but I do understand that even if it's not constipation, sometimes moving bowels can be a struggle. What is her diet? BM? Formula? Any solids? I might have some ideas/recommendations, but I need the answers to the diet questions first. Also, how long has she been having stool issues? Is it consistent, or just once in a while? What is the stool like? How often does she move her bowels?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I have. As long as its diluted, what's the harm? It will only make her poop or puke. And then if that happens, you will know.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2011