WHY?!? Are people so against gay marriage? adult content

I hate to bring this up and I am a very heterosexual woman...I just do NOT understand why others don't see that love is love?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• One word .... FEAR.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• popcorn

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I am also a Christian and believe that God is the ONLY judge...and on the cross my Lord and Savior stated that loving one another was the most important thing WE as Christians can do...so WHY do SO many Christian bash gays/lesbians?!?!?!?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I think that some people have a social system that is very anti-gay and anti-gay rights. Individuals become scared that they will lose "status" in the system if they support something the system is against.

I do alot of advacocy for gay marriage in my professional association, and, let me tell you . . . the reaction to my support, at times, can be VERY scary. People start bringing God into it.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Ignorance and fear of the unknown. And I'm sure there are some who have nothing in life to enjoy, so they want others to be as miserable as they are - misery loves company.
    carissakc

Answer by carissakc at 5:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I honestly don't know.

But I would be interested to know for those who say they are against gay marriage if they are against gay people in general or just marriage.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• gay pride ribbonGOD LOVES EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I'm going to start by saying, I have absolutely NO problem with gays or lesbians. I think everyone should be able to love whoever they want to and if they want to get married then they should be able to do so.
    People get so upest b/c 1) they are homophobic, 2)the bible says a man should not lay down with another man and same goes for women. 3) "new" (I say new because being openly gay is still somewhat new) ideas are hard to accept for some people.
    Now I believe GOD has final judgement and that the MOST important rule is to love god and love people. Christians need to learn the line between being tolerant and pushing their beliefs on others. Now I better not get any bashing!! Just staing what I believe and why I *think* others have such a problem with gays.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• – collapse
    I think its b/c the fear the unknown. and the fact that PUBLIC AFFECTION.... tongue kisses kinda grosses me out, or the thought of oral sex and trying to carry on a conversation with them and wondering if they brushed their teeth. ( LOL )

Seriously though... I think thats it, besides the bible not condoning it. But hey, I got som bestest of friends that roll like that and a some cousins who are Lezbo's....... Makes me no difference, I love em all just as I would if they were straight.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 5:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• .... tongue kisses kinda grosses me out, or the thought of oral sex and trying to carry on a conversation with them and wondering if they brushed their teeth

Just wondering do you have the same thoughts with other couples? Last time I checked they have oral sex too.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2011