What do you and your spouse do to reconnect?

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• In regards to me and my husband (I can't speak in regards to anyone else..).. Here's what we have learned over the years.

In order for us to stay connected. The very first key is: Making and keeping "US" as a priority. Our interpersonal relationship must stay a priority in our lives. Life has a way of taking over if we allow it: kids, work, bills, the dailies..etc and it's really easy to put "US" on the back burner to these things. However, that is one of the main causes of disconnect between couples. So we make and keep "us" a priority. Even if that means we only (this was when our son was growing up) spend 10 minutes a night where we just focus on US and us alone, that time is a must have.

The other keys have been: Always doing our best to show one another how much we :love, appreciate, admire, respect, adore, desire..etc one another. The little things really matter. Showing love, acting on love, creates loving feelings.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• We have dates after our son goes to bed
    Leave notes for each other
    often pick up cute snacks we know the other person would appreciate
    we THANK each other for household duties either of us does, this is huge in both of us feeling appreciated and that things are BOTH our jobs..
    we help each other without being asked for help, we just take over if one of us is in a funk or stressed
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• We have date night. We make sure that we make time for just us.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• we meow at each other. hehe. massages and cuddle time
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 5:14 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I'm curious to see what other posters say here, because while my husband and I aren't having any real problems in this regard, I know damn well we're going to need to do some reconnecting after this baby is born...
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:30 AM on Mar. 19, 2011