Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How can i claim a dead persons property legally?

we found a beutiful home, in great shape, we found out they are dead though andso are any known relatives.

how can we get the deed?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (3)
  • You cannot. The property will go to the state. You will need to buy it if you want the deed.

    When someone passes, there is a lengthy legal proceeding to get the property to next of kin. If noone is found, it is taken by the government.

    What you can do is keep an eye on the property and buy it as soon as it pops on the market.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

  • musicmom08

    Answer by musicmom08 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

  • It will be given to a relative and until a relative comes forward it will sit in probate.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 10:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.