Is it worth it?

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth getting married again. I'm engaged to a wonderful man, but every now and then it feels similar to my marriage (which obviously didn't work). I wonder if this is normal given that I've had one failed marriage and don't want another or if it's something to be concerned about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• stay engaged for a while longer
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I'd wait.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Well do what me and My DF are doing we were planning to have a wedding this june but were moving into next year Just because if we can make it another year then we know we will be okay. we've been together 4.5 years and tell everyone we are married anyways so whats the difference.. Just puut of marrying him for another year (talk to him about it first though lol) and If things are still going good for you Im sure he's gonna be a great guy for you. Good Luck :)
    JordonMichelle

Answer by JordonMichelle at 5:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I would waif.
    MistyLuvs

Answer by MistyLuvs at 5:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Does he do things like your ex did? Does he react the same way? Does he say things like he did? Or are they two totally different people? Give it time. Make sure he's the one before you make that commitment.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 5:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Sometimes he does things similar to my ex, good and bad. My ex was verbally and emotionally abusive, and my SO is not. There are small things though that raise red flags and make me wonder if things will become like my marriage. My ex did not start off being the way he was by the time our marriage ended, so I'm really gun-shy. I don't know if it's me being over sensitive or if there's a legitimate concern.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Maybe you should get some pre-marital counseling and stay engaged for awhile longer.
    liz.1986

Answer by liz.1986 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I understand what you mean. I married at 18 we lived together as husband wife maybe two months, I've been with my s/o for almost 30 yrs and have no plans to go through another marriage ceremony any time soon. Marriage doesn't work for everyone. Talk to your fiancee and let him know about your doubts and fears.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• watched a really good movie.. with joshua jackson who was dying of cancer anyways.. he was on a journey and met a guy.. he then asked the man "how do i know if its true love?" the man replied "if you have to ask then you already know the answer." if you have to ask about marrying this man then thats your answer.. uncertainty. stop now and find yourself to complete first. hope this helps
    bethany0199

Answer by bethany0199 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• if you question it, maybe you arent ready yet.
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 5:13 AM on Mar. 19, 2011