Do you support CAIR?

Wouldn't Obama have already been aware of this, when they were "applauded" at the White House?

White House officials have applauded advocacy efforts by the Council on American-Islamic Relations, even though top FBI managers refuse to meet its leaders, the council has been judged by courts to have been associated with the Islamic terror group Hamas, and several of its employees and members have been jailed or expelled for jihadi-related terrorist offenses since 2001.

CAIR was publicly applauded at a Mar. 10 White House event by Valerie Jarrett, senior advisor and assistant to the president for intergovernmental affairs and public engagement, for its work with MTV to counter “bullying.” “Bullying can be prevented if we all take action,” said Jarrett, as she cited the MTV project, and named CAIR as a partner.

After lauding the National Education Association, Cartoon Network and a litany of other Democratic-affiliated advocacy groups and companies that are part of the White House’s “anti-bullying” campaign to reshape children’s opinions, Jarrett thanked MTV for “launching a new coalition that will work to fight bullying and intolerance online.” The coalition partners include the Hispanic advocacy group, “the National Council of La Raza, the Anti-Defamation League, and the [Council on] American-Islamic Relations, GLAAD and many others,” Jarrett said.

“There’s no controversy,” said Ibrahim Hooper, CAIR’s press secretary. To advance CAIR’s causes, including “cyber-bullying,” he said, “we do what we think is necessary…what other people do is up to them.”

White House officials declined to respond to inquiries from The Daily Caller.

On Feb. 11, FBI Director Robert Mueller told a House hearing that the FBI does “not have a relationship with CAIR [because] there are individuals in CAIR with whom we had issues with and continue to have issues with.” When pressed by Republican New York Rep. Peter King, Mueller added that “there are occasions when individuals who may be either loosely associated with CAIR or may have attended a CAIR event that we do have relationships with… [and] on some occasions, we may be at [events] or with persons who have an affiliation with CAIR.”

The issues that Mueller referred to include the 2008 Holy Land Fund trial, where evidence showed that the most prominent Muslim advocacy groups in the United States had associations with Hamas, which is the Palestinian branch of the Egypt-based Muslim Brotherhood. The tied groups include the Islamic Society of North America, which is an umbrella organization for many Muslim groups, and the North American Islamic Trust, which owns the titles to many U.S. mosques. “The government has produced ample evidence to establish the associations of CAIR, ISNA, NAIT, with NAIT, the Islamic Association for Palestine, and with Hamas,” Judge Jorge Solis said in a July 2009 ruling.

CAIR is connected with Hamas through its director, Nihad Awad, who was a co-founder in 1994 of the Islamic Association for Palestine. Documents subsequently presented in court by the federal government showed the IAP was the U.S. propaganda and advocacy arm of Hamas, according to data provided by the Investigative Project on Terrorism, founded by journalist Steve Emerson. In turn, the IAP was one element of a larger circle of organizations founded by supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/18/hamas-associated-cair-applauded-by-white-house/#ixzz1GzUMMuIu

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 5:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't support them. I do think that if this president doesn't want the citizens of this country to associate him with muslim groups as this (don't have a heart attack.......its the group CAIR and not muslims) then he has to stop allowing this type of thing to happen. He is just a chair warmer at this point IMO. He warms the chair int he Oval Office and then plays golf. He is effectively useless.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Uhhhhh......no.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• He is just a chair warmer at this point IMO. He warms the chair int he Oval Office and then plays golf. He is effectively useless.

I concur....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I support banishing them from the US. Does that count?
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• – collapse
    Is this the latest now? Vilify CAIR? I predict I will see a load of questions on this...and the Obama administration's interactions with CAIR, for the next 3 months. Did somebody on FOX bring this up today?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• – collapse
    I really analyzed your post, OP. There is no point to this manufactured outrage, except to vilify a civil rights organization. From what I read, it's not even new "news." Just more of the same.

So which Fox host made a show out of this today?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Is this the latest now? Vilify CAIR? I predict I will see a load of questions on this...and the Obama administration's interactions with CAIR, for the next 3 months. Did somebody on FOX bring this up today?

Actually, I saw it on c-span. But, yes, I understand YOU know more than the FBI as well.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Actually, I saw it on c-span. But, yes, I understand YOU know more than the FBI as well.
    __________________________________
    So, why didn't you link a real news article, then? I tried looking into this and here's what I got: the FBI doesn't think CAIR was sufficiently cooperative. CAIR thinks the FBI went too far with wiretapping and such (since they are a human rights organization this is not surprising.) Some people who are part of CAIR are more extreme than the FBI would like.

So what does it mean? Nothing. If they had seriously linked CAIR to anything criminal they would come down on them like a load of bricks and you know it. You are making something into nothing. Everything I read is saying the FBI has taken this anti-CAIR stance since 2009 or something. So again, I ask, why is it news now? It's just the latest con push. Mark my words.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I haven't seen enough unbiased, credible information to make a call.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 9:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/03/goper_to_mueller_why_doesnt_fbi_have_to_reach_out_to_baptists_or_catholics_like_it_does_to_muslims.php
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2011