Does anyone else do this?

Does anyone else feed their baby a bottle of formula that's been sitting out
for more than an hour because it's in the middle of the night and you're just too tired to make a new one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are we talking like an hour and five minutes or like 4 hours? Babies can drink cold formula, most of the time it is a preference thing unless it causes a tummy problem. You may want to consider preprepping bottles and just putting them in the refrigerator for the middle of the night feedings. I would rather take the time to make the bottle then to risk it. Or make sure you have a clean bottle there next to the sink so you don't have to wash it or get it out of the cupboard.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:41 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• No. The reason why you're supposed to toss it after an hour is because of the amount of bacteria that can grow during that time.

I wouldn't risk getting my baby sick just because I may be too tired to spend a couple minutes making another bottle.
    zeebz

Answer by zeebz at 2:14 AM on Nov. 25, 2008