Has anyone had an early ultrasound with a low fetal heart rate? What was the outcome?

berryhappy1971

Asked by berryhappy1971 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• When you say low, what do you mean? If it's very slow, and slowing down, I'm afraid the end result won't be good, my dear. If it's just low and steady, it could be nothing at all.

Knowing the actual number AND the gestational age would be helpful.

Please take care of yourself. Hugs.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 7:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I have not experienced this. Good luck!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Snapdragon has some good advice up there.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:10 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I have to agree with snapdragon on this one.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:56 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Thanks for the answers :) I am actually a registered ultrasound tech and have been for 12 years. I have all the medical input but really just wanted some personal input. I have told many a mother that we just probably caught the embryo when the heart first started beating and it takes a bit to speed up to where it needs to be. I found out its much easier to say that than to be the one who hears it.
    To snapdragon- the sac measured 5w4d and the fetal pole 6w2d. The heart rate was a very steady 63 bpm. I know the only real answer is to wait and see how it does next week on the ultrasound, just wish someone could get that through my brain. Everything else is fine with the pregnancy- no spotting or bleeding of any kind just the usual tiredness, headaches, breast tenderness,some back pain(i have a bad back already), a small amount of nausea, and a few crazy cravings. Just hoping and praying for the best.
    berryhappy1971

Comment by berryhappy1971 (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2011