what are the symptoms of smoking withdrawls?

I've recently started to quit smoking and I was wondering what the symptoms of withdrawl are so I can be prepared for them if and when they happen

Asked by GothicMama at 11:37 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Health

• Physical Symptoms.

Tingling in the hands and feet
    Intestinal disorders (cramps, nausea)
    Cold symptoms as the lungs begin to clear (sore throats, coughing, and other signs of colds and respiratory problem)

Mental and Emotional Symptoms.

Tension and craving build up during periods of withdrawal, sometimes to a nearly intolerable point.

mental responses to withdrawal.

Feelings of being an infant: temper tantrums, intense needs, feelings of dependency, a state of near paralysis.
    Mental confusion
    Depression is common in the short and long term.

You should drink a lot of water to help detox I am 4 months clean!!

Answer by notyourmommy76 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• you eat can become short may start fiddling with things too keep your hands busy.everyones different.just stay positive and you will over come the withdrawl of nicotine

Answer by weeniegeorge at 11:39 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• first of all good job for just choosing to quit !I have been smoke free since 12,11,04 I smoked for 12 years I really diddnt have many withdrawl symptoms after about a week now i can not stand to be around cig's so hang in there you can do it

Answer by proudmomie97 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Irritability, increased/decreased hunger, egg tasting burps, darker urine, headaches, sleeplessness, and anxiety. Good for you though! Believe it or not, nicotine is out of your system after 72 hours so its the addiction in your head more than your body after that. Try to drink lots of water and exercise, it will help your body release endorphins causing you to be in a much better mood. Good luck!

Answer by HeatherTurner at 12:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Just wanted to wish you luck as an ex-smoker myself. Its noteasy, I know, but hang in there!

Answer by RhiJarMom at 12:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2008