Should I be supportive or should he grow up!

My husband rode bulls before we were married and is talking about doing again this summer... We have been married a year and a half and have a 6 month old baby! Bull riding isn't safe, but he loves it! Do I support him or try talking him out of it?

Hailees_mama89

Asked by Hailees_mama89 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• talk him out of it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• talk to him and tell him your fears, he has a baby and a wife to think about so he should grow up and find a safer hobby.
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 7:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• He's an adult; if he wants to ride bulls he should ride bulls. Lots of things we do in our lives are not safe.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• That's a tough one. I mostly agree with DawnLauren. One of my best friend's dad just recently passed away from a bull riding accident. He was on a ventilator for a few days before he made it clear that he didn't want to live that way. It was really sad and terrible. But her father really LOVED it, and it made him happy. I think he should consider giving it up, but not in the ultimatum kind of way. Tell him how you feel about it, how much you worry about him. If he really doesn't want to give it up then I think I would try to support him. I just thank God my DH's hobby (baseball) isn't very dangerous.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• But then again DH told me the other day about a coach losing his eye from get hit in the face with a baseball. So no matter what hobby there is risks.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Driving a car down the higway isn't safe either but we all do that on a daily basis.

If it's something he loves then you should support him. Talk to him about it and tell him what scares you about though.
    liz.1986

Answer by liz.1986 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• If he has a big life insurance policy, and both short and long term disability insurance, then why not!!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I say support him. Driving is dangerous, fire fighting is dangerous, being a military member is dangerous...hell hunting is dangerous. You can't live your life holed up because things are "dangerous". Let him do it, support him. Other wise he may just resent you for a long time. Is it worth it?
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 7:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I agree with KWnavywife, meooma, and liz1986 ... support him but let him know that you are worried about it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Support him if that is what he wants to do. Voice your objections and tell him to make sure his life insurance policy is paid up.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 9:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2011