Can someone help me with my diner Im trying to make?

I am cooking Italian Chicken. I've never done it before but I know how my fiance does it and I was to surprise him when he gets home from work tonight by having dinner made because he always cooks everything for me whenever I have my pregnancy cravings lol.
But anyways,
I have never touched raw meat in my entire life, but I cut the fat off and cut up the chicken.
I have it marinating in a bowl in the fridge in zesty Italian dressing. I was wondering what time I should start cooking it if I want it by 10 tonight and no later than about 10 minutes after 10. And what temperature should I use?

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 6:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I'm not real sure about that. Wish I could tell ya. You might want to go on allrecipes.com, and see if you can find a recipe for it. It might tell you how long to cook it,and all. Hope you all have a great dinner! Enjoy.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• if its chicken breast then set the oven at 350 degrees and cook it for about 40 minutes, if its a whole chicken then at 350 for about an hour and a half in the oven.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Thanks, but its neither.
    Well it was a skinless boneless chicken breast, but its cut up into pieces and Im cooking in a think thats like a dish-like frying pan that plugs into the wall and has a temp guage.
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Depending how thick the chicken is, and if you are going to cook it quickly like when you do a stir fry, you want the pan nice and hot and cook the chicken 3-6 minutes. I don't know what your recipe is like so i assumed it might be something like a stir fry. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Thanks :]
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Just went to answer this and say it was posted yesterday! So too late to give you cooking information! How did it turn out by the way and was he surprised?
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It turned out awesome and yes he was very surprised lol thank you :]
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• 350 for like 40 minutes until the juice of the chicken is clear
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:41 AM on Apr. 12, 2011