What's happening to me?

I have been having braxton hick contractions now for 3 weeks, but they have not been every single day or even 5mins apart over and over, sometimes 2 will happen in 5 mins apart and then I will be extremely sore my lower back and my pelvis will start to hurt. (" It feels like I just had the baby is how it feels.") I am almost 34 weeks along now, and have noticed these signs of discomfort. Anything I can do to feel better?

I also have extreme pain shooting stabbing pains up in my vaginal area and I can't even walk because it hurts soo bad! It will last from 5 sec, to 7mins! It's more intense the farther along I get! But I am nervous because I didn't have these with my 1st child except when I was 37 1/2 weeks! I had her at 38 weeks, and I was 3 weeks early!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had these pains with my second child. My doctor told me they were pains from my muscles and ligaments pulling. He advised me to rest and take it easy. Don't forget to call the doctor if you experience bleeding. The pains started about the same time and lasted until she was born. She was born at 37 weeks. It is painful. I feel for you. Just remember it will all be worth it in the end and you will probably forget how painful all of this was. I wish you a good ending to your pregnancy and happy labor!!
    vwhite

Answer by vwhite at 7:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• The shooting pains that your having is from the baby growing and pushing down has your doctor told you if the baby dropped cus with my first pregnancy I would get those pains alot and my doctor told me that my daughter had dropped already
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I found out recently that usually after the first child, the ones following don't tend to actually "drop" until right before birth.  But they do alternate.  So the pressure and pain your feeling for the few seconds could be the baby being low, then when the pain stops, the baby is "high" again.  Gravity is also what I was told.  If you lay down/sit down and then sit up or stand up it can cause some pain in your vagina.  I didn't have Braxton Hicks at all with my first child.  Now with my 4th I've had the Braxton HIcks for MONTHS. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• When you sit up, do it very slowly.  When you stand, do it very slowly.  Sleep with a pillow inbetween your knees.  The pillow worked with my last pregnancy but so far hasn't worked with this one.  Also, how close apart are your children?  Every woman heals differently so if you didn't heal completely after your first pregnancy, the pain is slightly more with each pregnancy after. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Oh Mama! That doesnt sound fun! Try to take it easy and if it is painful, let your dr know. Its most likely your body changing to accomodate baby.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• How far along are you?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:05 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Thank you, I am 34 weeks today and have pains still, I went to the hospital last night, they told me everything is fine. But if anything gets bad to come back. I am dilating and that's why I have the sharp pains in the vagina ouch! It hurts so bad!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Mar. 20, 2011