Really, how can these disgusting people sue us ?

So almost a month ago I came in contact with these people ( the guys mother is a friend of my grandma) ... They were selling a couch and my friend needed one so we went to go look at it... as we were there we notices how many dogs they had and of course I am a dog lover ( and dog rescuer) so we started talking about them....

I was horrified because of how disgusting they were -- These guys had 22 dogs !!! 7 inside their dirty house and 22 in their yard ... most of them were growling and you can tell were very mean... there was a smaller dog in a tiny cage and the other dogs were nipping at her through the cage ...

He told me he was getting rid of her so of course I took her ( to find a better home - but I just said that I wanted her... )

She was so sweet but very very nervous, she even had lost alot of her hair ( i took her to vet and they said she lost it due to her nerves) I also had her fixed and then started to find her a new forever home.

I had a woman contact me and we talked for several days, she told me about how much she wanted her and about how nice of a home she would give her, etc...

We met up and I gave her to her and was happy that she was going to be taken care of...

Yesterday I got an email from the disgusting guy - the woman was his friend, they seen where I was trying to find her a new home and said they knew all about my "plot against them" ( in the emails to the woman I told her about the conditions that i found her in, and that i turned the guy in ) .. he said nothing had been done and wont be done to him and that he is suing me for having her fixed because he wanted to breed her and I am "interfering with future buisness oppurtunities" ( meaning he was going to breed her and sell the pups...)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Pets

• Ahh stupid people! they can't sue you over that! They'll just be waisting lots of money! just keep all the emails and tell them how many dogs they have etc! Good luck
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 8:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I assume he is all talk b/c he gave you the dog, so he has no say over what you do with it.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Well for starters she wasn't purchased with only "some" rights so his efforts will be a laughing matter, nothing to worry about.  I commend you for helping out.  I've never had a problem with someone who has a lot of animals because I myself have ended up with 20 cats.  I understand how it happens but to live in filth with animals who aren't taken care of is absolutely uncalled for.  There is no excuse for it.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• He lost whatever rights that he may have had when he willingly gave her away.

And I doubt that nothing is actually being done - I would call and complain more and keep complaining until something IS done.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yeah just keep any emails, don't give him the courtesy of responding, and laugh when the judge tells him he's stupid. That poor puppy, so close to freedom! I hope someone of legal authority does something to help those dogs
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• WTF??? Yeah... you got yourself into a pile of BS...LOL... I'm sorry... it's just ridiculous. I would report their asses to the shelters. (Or the Animal Cops... Yeah, IDK who to call, but I love watching those shows.) See how they like that sh*t then when all of their oh so precious pets are taken away.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 8:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• i agree keep all emails keep your recipts from the vet and if possible any e mails from the so called buyer. i would also call and complaine and see that these animals get taken out of that house. i have to also agree with...ba13grl1987...poor lil dog so close to freedom it hurts to even think what that lil dog thought. if i were u i would pray he take me to court just so thye judge can laugh at him call him a pig and maybe even put in a call. best of luck.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• First off, there is nothing he can do because he gave you the dog which means he gave up his "rights" to her. Secondly, please call your local animal shelter ASAP and ask them what the law is regarding how many animals a person can have because I'm pretty sure it is illegal to have that many dogs, especially if there isn't any or isn't enough shelter for them. I'm pretty sure it's illegal even with enough shelter though.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about it. They don't have a leg to stand on.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I agree that he has NO case against you since he willingly gave you the dog! I also agree that you should call Animal Control on him!
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 11:29 AM on Mar. 19, 2011