What'd you do?

What did you do the first time you were away from your baby? was it hard for you?

I think the first time I'm away from my baby it'll be very hard for me. I haven't been away from him at all since he's been born and he's 2 months

-lovingliam-

Asked by -lovingliam- at 8:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I had surgery when my Son was 10 months & he was at home with Daddy & my Mom stayed with us for during the day when my DH had to work. I was confident that my Mom would be great with him & I was able to get the rest I needed. I can understand how you feel, I knew I needed the surgery but waited till my Son was a little older to do it. :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I just kept the number from the sitter on hand and tried not to worry b/c you should be comfortable and confident with the person you left her with. Also, just make sure you let that sitter or DH know everything he/she needs to know about your baby : )
    ohgoshism

Answer by ohgoshism at 8:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• The first time I was away from mine was the end of last month. My husband is in the military, and I went to visit him for a husband-wife weekend. I was going to bring out daughter (5 months then), but changed my mind last minute so we could have some one on one time. I missed her tremendously, but it was needed. We all need time away sometimes.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• He was 4 weeks old when I left him for the first time. I was in school full time and working, he was in good hands. I really didn't find it hard, I enjoyed having my time and he was always there when I got home. He's 5 now and the longest we've been apart is 12 weeks when I attended an internship in Europe. It was hard, I missed him A LOT then and cried most nights, but he had a blast at grandmas for the summer, and when I got home we picked up where we had left off like nothing had happened.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2011