Why won't she sleep?

My daughter is 6 months old, and for the past 2 days she will not sleep. She won't take any naps, and she won't go to sleep until 1 am. I have tried everything I can possibly think of. Usually if I lay down with her she'll go to sleep but she won't now, I have no idea what to do. I'm so exhausted I am past sleep, I can't even focus right. does anyone have any advice?

cmjt

Asked by cmjt at 2:31 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Unfortunately, babies go through phases and like to mix things up once in awhile. I would revert to the things you did when she was youbger and you wanted to put her on a schedule. Is she teething? Try to get her playing hard to burn off some energy. OIther than that....sorry, I'm not there yet!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:47 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Really watch for sleepy signs (rubbing eyes, pulling hear, moodiness, clumsiness, etc). Her natural sleep schedule may be changing due to growing. I read a book called the 90 minute sleep solution by Dr. Polly Moore. My DD had similar issues and this book really helped!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:14 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Saddly, it's true...babies sleep patterns can change often and can cause a HUGE lack of sleep and tons of stress. Most likely, there is something bothering her, like teething, or maybe tummy ache? Hard to say when it's someone else's child. My kids have never been sleepers and I love my sleep! Some things that may help. Fresh air can help relax anyone, a swing (you've probably tried that). If she wants to play, can you put her in a little play pen next to you and give her safe toys to play with while you take a little rest? You are not alone! My 2 year old still wakes up at 2am and wants to play or sometimes he won't take naps and seems to have boundless energy. She will get back on her schedule soon. Kids need sleep...she's just a little off track right now. Sorry you're so tired! Good Luck.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 3:20 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• When my DD started teething she stopped sleeping through the night and taking naps as well.....that was over a month ago and she still only sleeps in about 2 hour increments at night and I'm thankful if we can get a couple of 15 min naps in. What keeps me sane is knowing that it's a phase and it'll pass. If you want to talk, msg me...I share your pain.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 7:52 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• im going through the same thing too with my 5 month old. when you say your past sleep, i know EXACTLY what you mean lol you can message me too if you need someone to keep you sane lol ive been told its probably teething and its just a phase and i just keeep telling myself that. hang in there! your not alone :)
    sarrrr13

Answer by sarrrr13 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 25, 2008