Food and Drink

What are the benefits of drinking green tea when you are dieting? I've read this is a good thing to do?

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Green tea is a great anti-oxidant; There are those who believe that it speeds up the metabloism

Answer by rkoloms at 10:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Well it's an anti-oxidant and I have read that it may speed up metabolism. That's pretty much all that I drink just for the health benefits. All of my tea is de caffinnated because that's healthier too. Honestly, I don't really see a benefit diet wise at all. Every diet tells you to drink a lot of water and most people don't drink enough water anyway. So maybe the idea that green tea will "work wonders" is just a motivational way to get people to consume more liquid! Good luck!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It supposedly curbs your appetite but you have to drink many cups per day. It probably curbs your appetite because you get so bloated after drinking so much of it!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Green Tea is full of caffeine, so be careful.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2011