The term "thick"***rant***

I freaking hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!! So many girls wanna say they are thick cause it is the "in" thing. And I am like no the heck you are not thick. either your flabby or fat. I see some many plus size gals squeezing into small junk and talking bout "he like me cause i'm thick". Like no girl 1. he like u cause u easy and 2. ur not thick you are plus size.

I understand the word "fat" is not appealing but there is nothing wrong it you are on the heavier side and hold urself with class. Not be on th heavier side and try to be like da dub skinny girl. I swear I never heard girls that are thick (curvy) ever say they are thick. They are usually the ones saying their fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol ****I hate to get that out***********

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• you may be ranting, but you sure are hard to understand, also. my guess is you are not a 'thick' girl, but a thin one.. probably with a 'thick' ass?
    no wonder you don't own this post..i'd be embarrassed to give my sn if i'd been this rude.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• What should it matter to anyone what term people give to themselves? With the amount of prejudice in the world against all people how can it be bad to find a word that someone likes and accepts for themselves.
    PaganMomma40

Answer by PaganMomma40 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I try not to concern myself with which words other women used to describe themselves. I have more important things to worry about. Maybe you should leave them alone about it. They may be insecure and don't want to call themselves "fat" or "flabby" as you choose to call them. If people use the word "thin", I don't see what's wrong with "thick". They're just opposite words.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Maybe you should save your "rant" for your journal. This is a Q & A section, not your personal diary.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I actually like the term "thick"....to me it means a big girl/fat girl who looks awesome...not flabby and carries her weight really well. I think there are some really beautiful fat/thick women out there. Unfortunately I'm just a flabby girl lol
    Anonymous

• The term 'fluffy' is much worse to me. If someone has the confidence and it makes them feel better about themselves to say they're thick, all the more power to them. I'm just not one of them - and my confidence is fine. I just prefer to not use slang terms in reference to my body shape.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I'd rather hear a girl with confidence calling herself 'thick', than someone with no self esteem left calling themselves fat. Women need to feel good about themselves so who really cares what term they use.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• What bothers me , is when you have someone who is a size 14 wearing a size 7 jean.... You look Waaaaaaayyyy better when your clothes fit no matter what size you are ;)
    heather_84

Answer by heather_84 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• LovingSAHMommy has a point, if you use the word thin, it's simply the opposite.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• eye rollingGuess what I am Thick and LOVE IT! You know what my husband likes me thick also. He is actually attracted to my full hips and junk in the trunk! I just had a full physical last month and I am healthy! You may have a problem with fat or over weight people but you know what I sure don't care!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2011