For moms with "completely" potty trained kids....even at night...

My son has done so wonderful, ever since we took the pressure off of the potty training issue he did it on his own. He has been day potty trained since March, although occasionally has a accident if he can't get there in time, but thats not a big deal. We have been keeping him in pull ups at night and during naps and just been letting him know that if he wakes up and needs to go to feel free to get up and go...It has been a week and a half and we have had no accidents at night or during naps. When did you finally let you child sleep without pullups? Yeah for my boy!!!!!

Anubis8733

Asked by Anubis8733 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Congrats! My DD hasn't started yet but everything I've read is that once they are dry at night for a week, you can switch them to undies at night. Just be sure to have a waterproof mattress pad or plastic sheet on the bed.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• My middle child was potty trained right after he turned 3, but continued to wear a pull-up to bed until he was 4. He just turned 4 last month :) I'm so happy for him!!!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I guess I'm anal or something. My kids had to be dry for 3 months at night before I gave up the overnight pull-up
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• 1st Congrats Momma :)
    For me personally after a week in Pull-Ups only at Naps and Bedtime with NO Accidents is when I decided to stop the Pull-Ups and go straight to underwear. My Daughter is 3 years old and been fully potty trained for a year now.
    Anonymous

• Janeeva was potty trained during the day when she was about 2 years old and at night at about 28 months and after a few days without peeing in her diapers I just let her sleep without any........
    Janeeva2005

Answer by Janeeva2005 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• When my daughter started saying she wanted to sleep in panties and I told her she could if she went 3 night without going in her training pants...she has been doing great since then, just occasional accidents.
    ELC

Answer by ELC at 1:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Just make sure you don't give him a lot to drink before he goes to bed. He should wake up dry. I stopped pullups as soon as mine started peeing in the potty on his own. He might have peed the bed about 3 times in the past 7 months.
    Karabeara78

Answer by Karabeara78 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2008