i cant leave my 11 month daughter for even a second

cant leave my 11 month daughter for even a second or she starts screaming bloody murder, i cant go to the bathroom without her throwing a fit, and she will not sleep in her crib that is across the room. what do i do?

xxmissrainbow

Asked by xxmissrainbow at 3:11 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My two sisters and I all have 2 year olds and they are ALL super clingy. Somekids are just like that and there isn't a lot you can do to change that personality trait in them. BUT the one thing that has seemed to work for our three little ones is to condtion them to be okay by themselves by leaving them alone in a room with a brand new toy about once a week. Nothing expensive, just something that's interesting. Your "free time" may only last 30 seconds (if that) but it's a matter of slowly teaching her it's okay to be alone while mommy is in the other room. As far as the co-sleeping, that's a really hard one. What I do is, every single time he falls asleep I move him to his bed (across the room). He's slowly getting to be okay with it. It took 11 months for her to form this super attachment to mommy. Breaking that is going to take a long time too. Good Luck.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 3:29 AM on Nov. 25, 2008