Brown Spotting at 5 Weeks... adult content

I have been having brown spotting/staining for 9 days, since the day I found out I was pregnant. I am about 5 & 1/2 weeks along now in my 4th pregnancy. Never enough to need a pad, but there nearly every time I wipe (tmi). My doctor won't see me until march 31 for a 'viability' ultrasound. No offer for bloodwork, either. Should I just wait it out, or get a second opinion? I lost a previous chemical pregnancy with nothing but brown spotting.

ericsangel82

Asked by ericsangel82 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If it were me,I'd see another Dr.,or go to walk in clinic....
    tresnana605

Answer by tresnana605 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Id get a new dr. He/she should get you in before the 31st if there is a chance that you are miscarrying.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Brown is old blood. I had pink spotting and some brown. It's completely normal at the beginning. If you are concerned, I would try to see if you can get in to see the dr. Good luck!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• yes brown is old blood...if your doctor wont get you in sooner I would go to a new doctor. I mean ya he might want to wait until that long, but if you have concerns he should be willing to see you sooner or do blood work. With my 2nd I had an appointment at 12 weeks (that is how long he has you wait to be seen), but I was spotting it was red not brown and he had me go get blood work done to make sure my levels were going up and not down then there was another time so he done an internal altrasound. Everything was fine, but he seen me before my appointment. So I would go to a new doctor
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I'd get a new doctor pronto.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Brown is old blood, however I too would be looking for a new OBGYN, especially if I'd already lost a pregnancy. My doctor monitored my hcG levels CONSTANTLY during the first trimester of my pregnancies following my miscarriages.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:50 AM on Mar. 19, 2011