Does an enema really work? adult content

I am 39wks and 1day. I've been in labor for 4 days now and have tried almost everything. Now I am looking into trying an enema... but does it work? How long after trying an enema did it take until you went into labor?

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Have you had sex? When you do make sure you stay lying down for at least 30 minutes. And your partner has to come inside you and you should orgasm.

It worked for me when I was in labor with my third child and had labor pains all day and didn't progress.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Hmmm...I haven't heard this one. It couldn't hurt to try, though, right!? lol. At least then maybe u will run less of a risk of pooping while u push.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• To answer your question...

Sorry... I have never heard of using an enema to jump start labor.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Enema was given to me at the hospital when I was starting to labor and it worked for me but I swear I didn't know what kind of contraction I was having. o.0

Read the following.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Dangerous.
    Let your labor start on its own and let your baby be born when he is ready----not when you want it.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Eh... its not a method I personally would want to use but if your dr approves it, then give it a shot!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Enemas are normally used to loosen your bowels.

Sex is a great way to get things going. The sperm reacts with the amniotic fluid and is somehow able to get labor started. I wanna say that it worked for me, but my daughter was cozy for an extra eight days.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Why are you having prodromal labor?
    You might want to consider the source before opting to force something that isn't ready yet.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2011