How much would you spend?

I have been babysitting 2 kids for a month and a half now and one of their birthdays is coming up in a few weeks. They pay me 200 a week for about 30 hours a week. How much would you spend on the little girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• depends on how old she is but probably between 20-35 dollars. possibly an outfit or a toy depending on her age & what she likes..
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• My cousin has had an at home Daycare for many years. The day of their birthday or the closest day to it she makes them a special birthday crown and does cupcakes for them all but that's it. It is her experience that gifts to sopmeone who employs you are not appropriate. She isn't being cheap, just professional. Early on she did gifts and soon enough one mother got in a twist about what child got what. So she just stopped altogether. It seems to work really well for her.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I think that's a great idea GrnEyedGrandma!
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• she is turning 2 they just moved here they are army so they are not having a party b/c they don't really know anyone.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• THAT IS A GREAT WAGE!!! Im so surprised they pay you that much money, however its the thought that counts regardless of what they pay you. I would do what you normally do for any other b-day.
    solmenkoo3

Answer by solmenkoo3 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I would say $25. It is so nice that you want to make her bday special.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2011