WOULD YOU EVER..................turn in any of the moms on here to cps or the police if there was a way to do it?

I know all of us have our own ideas of what it takes to be a good parent,and I've seen some questionable things on here latley that make me wonder about people, but I've also seen some AWESOME parents and heard their stories about how they've handled certain situations. A lot of bashing has gone on here about how one parent thinks they are better than the other over whatever the situation is, and I just have to wonder........if you saw something and had the chance to call cps or the police on any of the moms, would you do it?

OurHeartsAwait

Asked by OurHeartsAwait at 10:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes but only over abuse like once there was a lady.. who was spanking her like 11 month old. i would call cps for that
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• That's a tough one. I think it would all depend on what was said.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• No! I don't have any way of knowing anyone's REAL story. There is NO WAY to weed out the real from the TROLLS who just wanna get a rise out of you. CPS has WAY better things to do than follow up on every "claim" from a CMer who read something and "thinks" someone is treating their kids poorly.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• It all depends on what was going on and if there was proof.
    daddysgirl17

Answer by daddysgirl17 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Most of the post that sound like abuse I wonder if they are really just stirring up there own soap opera out of boredom. It's more interactive this way. ::head shaking::
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yes, if there was a written confession on here or plenty of red flags that there is foul play going on. As a foster parent, I have a legal obligation to report child abuse & neglect. I also have a moral obligation.
    BetterWithAge

Answer by BetterWithAge at 10:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I agree with you specialwingz and But_Mommie..... I don't know anyones real story and a lot of people do stir things up. The stuff some of these people "joke" about has got me wondering........kind of sickening actually.,....

daddysgirl17.......however, I do agree here too.......If it was maybe someone I knew and there was proof........then I might.

I think a lot of people nowadays take kids safety and just parenting in general too lightly........granted, things were different for all of us growing up than they are now, but I just wonder if some people just don't get it..........
    OurHeartsAwait

Comment by OurHeartsAwait (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I would turn in ANYONE -- online -- real world -- my next door neighbor -- my own family -- if I believed they were abusing ANY child!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I agree with specialwingz.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Probably NOT because people make things up when they are online. In person, I have turned people in for child abuse/neglect already.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2011