Oral Surg-Impacted Wisdom Teeth

Has anyone had to get their teeth pulled in adulthood? If so, can you please share your experience with me? Such as what type of anesth. (what is laughing gas like, general anesth.) did you use, how long you recovered, and if you were breast feeding at the time. I have to get mine out asap due to one being infected. I am freakin out! Thanks!

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 10:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Health

• OMg. I have to have this done in a couple of weeks. they told me I could have the laughing gas if I wanted it but really all they planned to do was use novacain! I am so worried I hope you get some good responses! I'll check back!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I had an IV put in my arm and that is all I remember. I was sore for a few weeks but they gave me plenty of pain medication. You will do fine!
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I had mine taken out when I was 19. I had 3 impacted though, so it was pretty bad. I had general anesthesia and don't remember anything obviously lol. They gave me codeine for pain meds, but it was awful. I couldn't eat solids for at least a week. The pain was pretty intense for 2 days, but then it gradually got better. I know people that thought getting their wisdom teeth out was a breeze. I hope it goes well for you!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I went to a sedatin dentist...he gave me some meds to take an hour before, gave me the gas when I got there and did his thing :) I was fine the next day, not even any swelling :) (varies from person to person)
    faithnseansmama

Answer by faithnseansmama at 10:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I had 2 wisdom teeth pulled and 2 cut out. They gave me shots in my mouth to numb me and they gave me gas. After I went home, I was in some pain. I felt fine the next day though.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I had to have all 4 of mine extracted. I had an IV and gas. It was rough. I was in pain for about 3 weeks, I looked like a chipmonk for over a week as well, with bruises. It was bad. But I had mine done in the winter and that made it worse because even if I wasn't in pain inside, as soon as I walked outside and the wind and cold hit my face it would hurt again. But, better to get it done and over with then you won't have to worry about it later!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 11:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I got mine out a year ago. They put me out with a general, and I was out for about 20 min It was fine. The worst part about the whole thing was the frozen lips I felt like Angelina Jole. Also when the stitches start falling out it feels kind of weird. I was eating after 2 days, jello, cool soup, mashed potatoes. As long as yuou take your meds and stay well hydrated its not too bad.
    JellyBean1566

Answer by JellyBean1566 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i am 19 and i have a full set of false teeth (hard to admit) i would brush my teeth everyday and they got infected my dentist said it was life or death so i didnt mess around they usually let you decide if you want general or to put u under it took me maybe 2 days to feel the meds a week to feel pain free make sure u follow the doctors orders or it could cause you more pain.
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2011