Thinking about pregnancy.. is it too soon.

So I am 19. I have lived with my boyfriend for 2 years we have been together for 5 years. I am really wanting a baby and he seems to be ok with it but,.. am i jumping the gun. we have a house he bought it 2 years ago. we both have full time stable jobs.. I love kids and always have. We have plenty of room in the house and I think im ready does anyone have any input?

Captianloops

Asked by Captianloops at 11:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Nineteen is a bit on the young side and I'd be looking for more of a commitment than "okay with it" from your partner, but it sounds like you are ready and in a good position to consider it .. good luck!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Oh, and maybe I'm oldfashioned, but I think marriage should come before kids. You owe it to a child to have two parents who are committed to staying toegether and raising him/her as mommy and daddy together, KWIM? If you are not ready to commit to each other, you are not ready to bring a child into the world.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• he is commited but he is nervous at the same time. Im nervous to but i think that is all in the learning process
    Captianloops

Comment by Captianloops (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I had my son when I was 24 and I still wish I could've had him a bit later in life. I wouldn't change him for the world though.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Wait until you both have a sizeable amount in savings; don't have debt and don't live paycheck to paycheck each month.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• we are fully commited.. we would like to get married but, we just dont see it as that important but i do understand where you are coming from.
    Captianloops

Comment by Captianloops (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• No one can answer that for you. I personally don't think age matters. If it's what you both want, and you can provide for your child and you're both stable, it's up to you.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I think 19 is very young and that marriage should come first. Ultimately its a decision that only you and your partner can make. Good luck!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• WAY too young and i speak from similar experience. I was with my bf for 5 years and lived together for 2 when i was 20 and got preggo. we were way to young to have a kid and we were terrible parents for the first couple years. Make sure you've done what you want to do first... travel, education, party, ect. kids change and complicate everything. My bf and i got married and have been married for 11 years but it wasn't easy and i definately wouldn't recommend it. If you have to ask, you're not ready.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I think you should get the commitment of marriage first before the commitment of children, 19 is young, take it from me I know. Things get a lot harder with a child. You should also make sure your boyfriend is ready.
    JellyBean1566

Answer by JellyBean1566 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2011