Is it normal for a mom of twins to have a favorite

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have 4 kids. 2 are identical twin boys. No! I don't have a favorite. One of your children should never be "preferred" over its sibling(s).
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• well idk. i have twins, taden is my favorite to take places because he's less of a climber and doesn't get into EVERYTHING. Tyler is my favorite to cuddle with because he's more cuddly. I have favorite things about them, and sometimes i feel like i have a stronger bond with Tyler and I think that is because he came home from the nicu a lot sooner than Taden. but i never let it show, i never favor one over the other, and i would never admit any of that to them. I just work on my relationship with teach of them each day so that both relationships can be the best they can and they both know I love both of them equally
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• i'm not the mom, i'm the grandmother. her husband, her mom and me (the mother in law). have pointed it out to her but she she keeps doing it. when she comes home from work she head straight to the baby girl and picks her up, then walks over to the baby boy and tells him hi, the whole time she's holding the baby girl. she never puts her down. i lose sleep at night thinking about this. the rest of us make sure the baby boy gets lots of love. but he needs it from his mom too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2011