Have you ever asked someone in your family if you could keep their child?

My Brother joked about me taking all their kids for about a month they lived with me as a family.The Mom was Drinking to the point where she wasn't getting up with the baby who was only 4 months old (I got up with him my body even seemed like it was trying to make milk) Their 2 year old would get up befor everyone and make messes that I would have to clean up.My house is very small so taking all three kids would not have been posible but after they left I felt like I should have pressed trying to keep the littlest baby even though we do not have the money or space. It's killing me they are having another baby and the others are just barly taken care of.

mandyandthree

Asked by mandyandthree at 11:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• omg. i know how you feel. i nannied this beautiful sweet lil girl who was only ten months at the time. what started out as babysitting for 8 hours a day turned into 24/7 care (i needed a place to live for free, they needed a slave) long story short, i used my food stamps to feed the baby, i taught her how to walk, talk, sing, dance, and become less shy. that girl cried for me, not mommy, so i got kicked out. i heard the parents went to jail and the girl was left with her crazy gma. i have no idea what has become of her, but i still wonder. it has been 4 yrs since i took care of her. you can get government help to take care of the baby. each child will get something like child support from the state. i would look into it. if your own body was trying to make milk its a sign.
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 3:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I was asked to help with a baby from my sister's husband's family. The baby was 5 months old at the time. The mother had 4 other children, and she could not possibly take care of the baby who was going to be placed into foster care. I did step in to help. I absolutely love children, so for me this was a blessing. I did help every weekend which turned into almost everyday with his mom coming and going. I did this for like 5 years, then his mom got her life together and took him back. It broke my heart, but I did this for this baby. I am so happy to say I am his Godmother, and we still thankfully have him in our lives. He is 16 now, and our bond is so great. I would help anyone when it comes to children that is where my heart is...Making a difference in a child's life is priceless.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:52 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Only when Social Services had taken the girls away from my half sister did we secure legal representation and training to foster and/or adopt them. However, earlier, seeing the family's destitute and disturbing conditions, I had offered to take one of them. None of it worked out, though.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 12:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I would love to take my sisters son as she is selfish and a mean person, I cant afford it at the moment but take him few times a week to give him a normal fun life.
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 5:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My little brother (9) is stressing my mother out to the point that her hair is falling out...he gets into fights, he steals....lots of other things and she has 5 other children that she needs to focus on....she asked me if I would take him for a little while....she thought maybe a change of enviroment where he doesnt have to "fight for attention" would be better for him for a little while as well as a change in school..so I said that I would do it....he hasnt came yet, maybe my mother changed her mind....we havent really talked about it in about a week, but for all the things my mother has done for me, if she needs me to do this for her than I will definatly open my home up to my little brother
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• This is hard isn't it?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2011