Is it Legal to send your child to school with a voice recorder?

My Child is 10 years old and in the 4th grade. He has Aspergers and does not communicate well with me or anybody for that matter. We have been having a lot of problems with the school. They do not call me. Do not communicate with me. He has been suspended several times revently. I have no idea what is going on and he kept telling me that the teacher just yells. I sent a voice recorder to school with him and that first day I heard yelling and total chaos. The whole class sounded a mess. I waited a few days and sent it with him again. The battery started to die and it started beeping. The teacher took it from him and I have heard nothing from the school. No one called nothing. I sent it so I could know what was going on with my child and now I am worried that I could get into trouble for recording the teacher. Anyone been through this or have any advice. I tried looking on the internet and have been unable to find anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• OP in all honesty I would request a 504. They HAVE to set up a meeting if you request that. With that in place the school has to make accommodations to suit your son's need. A voice recorder could absolutely be an accommodation.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:29 AM on Mar. 19, 2011