What do you think about NOT vaccinating your children

mirandamommy

Asked by mirandamommy at 12:05 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I choose to vaccinate but I understand that I'm not the end all be all of answers.  That's a personal choice and more power to what others decide.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• popcorn  Now I have to do the popcorn because this one always gets heated, lol.

MrsHouston47302

• I think it's a dangerous trend. I think that there are some children that shouldn't be vaccinated, but that those instances are few and far between. For most healthy children, it's completely safe.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:08 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I think it's a personal choice every family has to make for themselves and it's not my position to judge. I choose to vaccinate, so if those who choose not to happen to bring back diseases me and my family are still protected. To each his own
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It is up to the parents. I do vaccinate my children because that is what I think is best for my family.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:11 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I think it's a personal choice and I have no right to judge those who do or do not vaccinate. I delay vaccinations because I've done a lot of research and there was a vaccine related emergency in my family two years ago (my uncle's nephew was hospitalized after his 18 month vaccines). I probably won't get DD's chickenpox vaccine because I don't believe in it (I got pox before it, right after I got it, and then a few years later, and my sister was the same way).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:11 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• not vaccinating your children can affect others as well, by the way
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• That's up to the mom and dad. I vaccinate, but I won't judge or belittle someone who doesn't!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:12 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I feel that most should be vaccinated but everybody has their own choices
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 12:12 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I think yes, sometimes parents and doctors can get vaccine-happy, but vaccines are there for a reason, and if they are going to protect my child from a deadly disease I'm going to use them.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:13 AM on Mar. 19, 2011