What should 6wk preemie two year olds be able to do developementally at this age?

I want to know exactly what kids are suppose to do at this age. As I don't want my kids lagging behind developementally. Please make it in the form of a chart or something as I have no clue as what my kids should know.

I.E. Read a book, say the alphabet, etc.

twinstartermom

Asked by twinstartermom at 12:15 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Around 2 is when most preemies begin to behave more like their peers. My youngest was 6 weeks premature, and it took him about 2-2.5 years to get caught up completely. He's almost 7 now and is developmentally on track.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:18 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Ginger is correct. Usually around the age of 2 they are caught up. But before that you go by the age they would be if they had been born term.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 12:24 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• BY 2 years old they should be caught up developmentally... so they should do anything that the average 2 year old can do.

AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:29 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Around 2 is when most preemies begin to behave more like their peers. If you have concerns talk to your doctor
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• my son was born 12 weeks premature, hes almost 5 months old now (gestationally 2) and they just did his 2 month check up and hes right on track with normal babies for his gestation :)....but from what everybody has told me 2 is it :D
    itty_bitty

Answer by itty_bitty at 11:20 PM on Mar. 20, 2011