How do i get rid of static in my house?

It is very dry where i live and we have static very bad in our house. Everything is a disaster. Our hair has to be in ponytails and my son wears a hat alot. Every time you touch something you get shocked. Is there anything i can do to get rid of the static so i'm not shocking everyone and my hair is not at ends?

mandarose

Asked by mandarose at 6:56 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Conditioner for the hair and add moister to your house maybe get a humidfyer (SP) Good luck...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• i use a humidifier, add dryer sheets to my dryer. if it gets too bad (where the rug crunches)i take a spray bottle and mist the rugs and air in each room. after useing the humidifier for a few days it'll go away.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 7:45 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Humidifiers. Put several of them around your house and that will help a lot. Also, lotion and leave-in conditioners will help.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:32 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• a humidifer will fix that, if you don't have one, boil water, the steam will put mositure back into the air.
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 10:18 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• yep a humidifer should solve the problem. A spray bottle/ mist of water is a good idea too!
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 1:57 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Our house is also very dry, so I have cool mist humidifiers in every room, plus I like to boil water on my stove with a bit of orange peel & cinnamon sticks to make it smell good as it adds humidity to the air. If you have forced-air heat, you can place a pan of water in front of the heating vents so that when the heat blows out, it will pick up the moisture from the pan. For dry skin problems, don't rub yourself dry after you bathe, instead pat yourself dry to leave a bit of the moisture there, then use either baby oil or skin cream to seal in the moisture. For your hair, conditioner is a good temporary fix, but you really need to add moisture to the air or it will keep sucking it away from your hair & skin. Drinking lots of water and adding an omega-3 supplement to your daily routine will also "moisturize" you from the inside.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2008