Does anyone have a Kendell or a Nook

I am going to buy one but not for sure which is the best and what the differences are.

nanny29

Asked by nanny29 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My Dh got me a kindle for x-mas and I love it! Its easy to figure out for people who are technology impaired lol. U can download book right off your kindle as long as u have wi-fi access. On the device there is a "book store" and if u know the author u want, u type it in and it comes back with every book the author has written. There are 2 types of kindles, there isn't a difference between them except price. The basic kindle, the one I have cause at the time Dh couldn't afford the other one has to be within a wi-fi area like a coffee shop or whatever, and there is the 3G which u have wi-fi access all the time even at home. Go to Amazon.com and get more info. But kindle is the best. Whats even better isd the new releases are cheaper when downloaded instead of buying them. I love JD Robb aka Nora Roberts and her books go from $18 ar wal-mart or up to $25 somwhere else. On kindle I paid like $8 I think.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I have a Kindle and I LOVE it. I still greatly prefer "real" books, but I really don't have the space anymore. It's really easy to use figure out, holds a ton of books, it's easy to get books, etc. I love it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:44 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I have a Kindle as well. With mine, I can be anywhere (doesn't have to be a wi-fi zone) and it downloads books using AT&T's system. It's quick, easy to use, and often times the books are cheaper than what I could buy them in stores. I REALLY love that the screen is glare-free. You can literally be sitting in the sunshine reading a book.

A friend of mine has the Nook, and while the ease of use seems comparable, she can't use hers outdoors OR while sitting next to a lamp. She says the glare is awful.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i have a noook n love it :-)
    Luvinmykids225

Answer by Luvinmykids225 at 5:11 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I have been thinking about getting a Kindle too....but I still like to have a real book to read.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I have a Kindle, and Kindle for pc. I use the kindle for pc at home and Kindle when on the go.
    aBewitching1

Answer by aBewitching1 at 10:03 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I really like the Kindle because my eyesight is poor and I cant set the print to any size I want.
    aBewitching1

Answer by aBewitching1 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Nook.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• The Kindle has a 30 day battery life but (at least this was true a couple of months ago, don't know if it changed) can't read e-pub (I think that's the name of the file type) but that's the type of file that libraries will be lending e-books in. I believe you have to push a button to turn pages.

Nook Color I think it was a 6 hour battery life, but you can get apps and things. Touch Screen
    The regular Nook has a 10 day battery life, and can read e-pub. Has a small touch screen at the bottom that you can flick your finger across to turn pages.
    Noni2319

Answer by Noni2319 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I have a Velocity Micro Cruz reader. I love it. It's a color screen, wifi internet, apps, etc. I have a Kindle app to read kindle books, Borders app to read their digital books (and somewhere there is an app for Barnes & Noble). I get online with it and check my email and facebook (even this site). I also have an app to read epub files that aren't published books (I read a lot of fanfiction). I can also read txt files, doc files, pdf files, listen to music and watch videos (not sure which formats they have to be in but you can do it).
    The only downfall is the battery life is only 10 hours and I haven't found a car charger (has to be plugged into a wall) and you can't read in the sun like a Kindle. I got mine for $99 at Best Buy in January.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2011