How in the world....

So I recently got Facebook ( yay ) lol....

I have alot of friends and people that I went to school with on my list now... I am 25 and I have 2 kids ( and a husband, 2 dogs, and a house ) ... Alot of the women on my list also have atleast 1 kid ....

So the last few days I havent been able to sleep ( when everyone else is ) ...and I have been looking at their profiles and photos and I cant help but wonder --- some of these women have the same amount of kids or more kids than I do... and yet they have tons of photos and statuses showing how much they go out ( to party, drink, or with friends) .... almost like every week - sometimes twice a week they are going out and about.,..and it isnt just one or two of them, it is like a whole group of them - having a ton more photos of them drinking or a group party picture and hardly any of their children.........

and yet I do not remember the last time i went to the bathroom alone ....

How in the world do they get the time ( or energy) to go out so much ????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I think sometimes people choose to still have a life outside of their kids.  It's not hard to fit time in to do things that you want to do.  Now ask me if I've actually done this, LOL!  I have no life outside of my kids but I don't want one either.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• lol. I know what you mean! I see the same thing on my friends list's who have kids. I just figure their parents prob do most of the parenting to the children or keep them for them I don't know. One other thing that was shocking to me about some of the people I recently reconnected with is that like 1/2 the mom's don't even have full custody of their kids!! It seems to be a growing number of mother's I guess that don't have custody of their kids. I don't know.
    jfblaine83

Answer by jfblaine83 at 12:27 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• all i can say is they either have healthy, available and willing grandparents/family members or friends who are always ready with an open home/bed for their kids to stay with.
    i'm with mrshouston..i can't remember the last time i got out at night, even with my dh. i spent a good portion of my single days living it up every night..and the nights i didn't, i babysat for those who did. now that i'm in that position, no one's available for me. LOL!
    oh well...i'd rather enjoy a peaceful night's sleep, or a complete shower/potty-break without interruption than to get all gussied-up and go to a smoky bar/club. just not my thing anymore.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:31 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Well my kids and family are my life, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Honestly, if you want to go party and stuff, I guess there are ways. Get babysitters and such. But the kids grow up fast, and honestly you end up hung over and too tired to enjoy them. Not worth it, IMO. Just enjoy your life, your priorities, ya know?
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:31 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My son has gone to his grandma's house every single Friday with very little variations since the day he was born. He looks forward to his Friday nights with grandma and would be devastated if they stopped. He's 5 now, it's tradition. So on Friday nights I would go out with friends. I typically don't flaunt pictures of my evenings out on fb, but I do have a life. My son's not being parented by anyone but me and SO, but kids do have grandparents, aunts, uncles, not everyone lives hundreds of miles from their family. I have friends parents who my son refers to as "aunt" who call me up and say "I want Maison on this day, so don't object and go do something." Because of this I have a very social child. Not everyone who goes out with friends are poor parents, or lacking custody of their children. They get the opportunity to enjoy some adult time while their LO's are having a fun time of their own.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I do not know where the energy comes from but I am 21 and every friday and saturday night I go out with the girls while the baby sitter watches my baby.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 12:47 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Also I do not drink or stay out past two hours.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 12:52 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I feel ya. I have several fb friends that are the same way. I've never thought to ask my parents to babysit on a weekly basis. My stepmother watched the girls today while I went to a hair appointment. Before that, the last time I asked one of my parents to watch them was on my wedding anniversary 4 months ago. DH and I spent the night at a local mtn. resort.

I have a life, but most of the friends I choose to hang out with have children also, so it's always child-friendly. When I do plan adult-only events, they are few and far between.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:02 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I think that those women really need to get their priorities straight. Im sorry but those partying days should be over at the point u have children. I mean u can go out and have a drink or two but just getting drunk and stupid on a weekly basis is stupid and immature. I have a sister in law who is 30 yrs old with two kids who goes out every single wk end to the bars and feel sorry for those kids . I love to spend time with my daughter and husband. That is what a family unit is all about. Btw Im just waiting for the day she gets a dwi . That is eventually gonna happen with any one who goes out every single wk end and gets drunk.
    bubbaelea22

Answer by bubbaelea22 at 1:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I have a few friends like this, they drop their kids off with their parents, siblings or friends and go out all weekend. I am 23 but I guess I have outgrown that, I would rather me and my husband spend the time and money taking my dd to Disney world for a weekend (we live in Fl). Me and my husband go out about once or twice a month and I think that is ok (my mom practically begs us to get to babysit anyway) but no more then that.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2011