When will someone help me? when will I get help?

I am in a terrible situation. MY daughters father over the years had developed serious mental health issues. He has visitations and has her now until sunday. She is 3 yrs old. He never shows for vistiation but today he decided to pick her up from school and not tell me. so I go to school to get her and she is not there. I call him and he does not answer and when he finally does he will not let me know where she is and wont let her talk to me.

The courts refuse to listen to me. He is mentally ill. Everytime the cops come they comment on that the fact he doesnt seem mentally stable.. today I called the cops to do a well child check. they did and noticed he is kind of off and that his place is filthy. The advised me to call CPS, cps says they cant do anything. the police always say I should get a restraing order but they cant really help me. Lawyers say its a tricky case and CPS wont help. Courts wont ok supervisied visits. His own mother fears my daughter being alone with him.

When will someone help me? when its too late?!!!

right now its 12am and she is up and has not eaten all day but I cant do a thing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would go to his house and call the police.  Maybe they can help you if you are right there waiting for her.  I'm so sorry, that's so horrible.  Talk to the school also and let them know she isn't to go with anyone else period.  Wow, that's just madness.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:33 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I am curious as to why CPS can't help you if his house is filthy.  Maybe call the police on that issue.  I know for a fact that the police can call CPS themselves so I'm not sure why they haven't already.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• The rule is they can't stop a biological parent from picking up a child unless there is a court order. But how do you do that if nobody will help you. Why will CPS not help you? I mean that is what they do, protect children! I would demand more, if the law is going to say it's ok for him to get the child they should be responsible for helping you when he's not capable or his place is too dirty for a child. Keep fighting with the courts cps whatever you have to do. This must be an awful situation. Stay determined.
    jfblaine83

Answer by jfblaine83 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I'm sorry, but if I were you I would have been at his house hours ago. Yes, I'd kidnap my own child if I feared for their safety like that. If police said it doesn't seem right, you have proof.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• What an awful situation. You need to get a lawyer or solicitor or police or someone on your side. Now.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I am going with anonymous.  It seems like everyone is failing you.  I would get fed up and take her myself. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I'd go and take her, if it were me. I don't care what it took, but if my child was hungry and being neglected, I'd call the police and let them know that I was going to get my child, with or without their help.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It is an awful situation. I did call the cops and they came. One was very helpful and passionate and 2 others were very rude and acting as if I am wrong. They say the child is with her father so there is no issue. They dont understand a mothers concern. He randomly picks her up with out notifying me and then does not tell me where she is. CPS says its not a huge concern. The police told me to call and report the conditions of his home and that he took her without her medication and they said nothing will come of it. When I told the judge and cops before that I want supervised visitation based on his mental health. they said I am not a psychologist. I am not one but Ive know the guy for 10plus years so I know what I am talking about. I told them if something God forbids happens to my daughter I am the only one that will be at a lost crying while they say sorry. This is heart breaking for me. The police said the house was dirty
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• it was dirty heat was way too high and he seemed like he is on something. but the courts dont see that..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:44 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Kidnapping why a good idea when u think about, DON'T do it. It will do more harm for u and stand the chance of going to jail for contempt of court.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 19, 2011