Am I wrong for finding happiness with some one much younger?

I'm dating a guy who is 19, and I am 25, we enjoy dating, but since we're 6 years apart, I get called a Cougar by some people, and others don't mind, cause I look close to his age anyways, even when they know our ages. I've been asked as to why I don't date guys closer to my age, but all the ones that have any interest in me at all, don't plan on going anywhere with their lives, and have no plans in improving their situation. Others that I've dated, don't seem to like my darker sense of humor, and the fact that I like to dress goth. I'm happy with myself, and if they don't like it, then they can get lost. Its not like I dress that way all the time. Anyways, we're happy, his parents don't mind, but my parents do, since my ex-husband is 4 years younger than me, and my lil bro is a few months younger than my boyfriend. He's met my son a little, but I wanted to be sure, if this will work, before either of them get attached to each other. He's serious about his life, and I told him that if he wants to be serious about the relationship, then we both need to finish our schooling first, before we try to start a family and all, cause if he changes his mind, I don't want him living with any form of regret for not finishing. He understands and respect that, and also respects the fact that I do want more kids, and do want to live somewhere other than this small town. I'm just confused and worried about what to do. I don't like being called a cougar. He seems to talk about a lot about us having a future together, and if we decide to get serious, I worry that he will end up leaving like my ex-husband always did. My parents always say that since he is so young, he doesn't know what he wants. I can't say anything about it, cause I'm not going to interrogate him, and I enjoy being with him a lot. He doesn't push me for sex, he likes to do a lot of what I like to do, and he always talks about getting to play with my son more. I would like to see this go somewhere, but don't know what to do about my family. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• 6 years is not a big age difference. It might seem like it now, but it will be less and less of a difference as you get older, hopefully together. Blessings to you both.

Disregard the family who disapprove. It's your life, not theirs.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Age doesn't matter If you enjoy it don't listen to what others hace to say :)
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 12:33 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• First of all, 25 is not a "cougar". I can't imagine you are dating a younger man as a result of some desire to feel young again. He's an adult so there's no legal issue there. If you are happy and he suits your needs I don't see a problem. Just because it doesn't happen often doesn't mean it can't happen at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I would like to see this go somewhere, --

then let it go..see what happens. don't rush anything. just enjoy it for what it is and tune out the naysayers. if he's a decent guy, he'll treat you right, and when you're completely comfortable, with no doubt in mind, you'll bring him into your child's life little by little. just relax, and be yourself. keep your head on straight, and listen to yourself, not others.
    just take care of you and your child, first. if he proves himself, and wants to stay in your life, he will. have fun, girl!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Age does not matter. As long as it is legal.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 12:35 AM on Mar. 19, 2011