Do you believe that this is possible?

Do you think that it is possible for a person to know that they are not ready for a serious relationship yet but that they will be in the future?

Or do you think this is an excuse?

countrygirl1987

Asked by countrygirl1987 at 12:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• idk..what'd he say when you asked him?
    i had someone do me this way..i waited and waited..let him go for 8months, and when we began again, he talked marriage, his momma's ring, his momma really liked me..blahdeblahblah...nothing had changed. he still wasn't ready. so i walked, one last time.
    two months later, i met my dh. we've been married almost 6yrs now!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:49 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• If someone just got out of a long term relationship, I'd say it's possible.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I should mention that this person has been in an almost year and a half relationship, and is saying this in reference to moving forward in to things like marriage, etc.
    countrygirl1987

Comment by countrygirl1987 (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I think it's possible for one to know they are not ready know, but nobody ever knows exactly what they will feel in the future. They can say that now, and might be right, but people change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• if someone said that, they are telling the truth and trying to be nice. they enjoy someone's company, but are still open to enjoying someone else's company, as well. not ready to commit to one person...most people assume they will 'settle down' at some point..this person probably does, too..just not with the person he/she said this to.
    it is what it is. IMO
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Well, this person as told me that they knew that I was the one they want to marry. What then does that mean?
    countrygirl1987

Comment by countrygirl1987 (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• oh and i should say, the waiting and waiting went on for about 4 yrs..plenty of time for him to decide once and for all if i was 'the one'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:51 AM on Mar. 19, 2011