Moucous plug (TMI)

When I was peeing I felt something fall out! When I whiped it was just clear, but in the toilet was a ball of moucous with a little blood in it! Was it my plug? Should I call doc??

brittany320

Asked by brittany320 at 8:41 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You might still want to call your doc and let them know this happened. This way they are aware that you have lost it. You really shouldn't take any baths once you have lost it because you are very prone to getting infection and it being able to move beyond your cervix. Women who take baths in hospitals are in a sterile environment so it's not as risky.

Good luck with your contractions and delivery and enjoy your new family member!
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 9:15 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Sounds like it was your plug. I'm assuming you're close to your due date? You can call your doctor and let him/her know. But there is really no reason you HAVE to call. It doesn't really mean anything other than that your cervix is dilated just enough for it to come out. You may go into labor soon, or you may have quite awhile yet to wait. I think I lost mine 2-3 weeks before I delivered. Just be aware that this means there is a little less protection between your baby and the outside world.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:46 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I say wait until the contractions start! congratulations! you should be a mommy soon!
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 8:48 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Yeah im 36w 1d!
    brittany320

Answer by brittany320 at 8:49 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• YES!, BUT CONTRACTIONS MAY STILL TAKE A WHILE, IT CANT HURT TO LET YOUR DOC KNOW THO.
    IMANGELEYEZ

Answer by IMANGELEYEZ at 1:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2008