How do you really know when being in a relationship is a good idea?

Ive been with my kids dad off and on since we wherer 14.... so 11 years now. two kids later, we seperated, we where apart for a year and have been back together for 6mn. He wants to get married but im not sure if thats the right decision, let alone even being in a relationship with him. I like him being around but only for a day or two. I enjoyed it being just me and my kids and our house, not having to clean up after him and take care of a fourth child (ive got three total)..... please, any input would help

JAZ_MOMMY2

Asked by JAZ_MOMMY2 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Honey,
    NO....

Wrong reason to get married.

If your heart and mind do not agree, with each-other, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 12:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• stay single. my mom got remairried and is miserable.....but do what you think is best for you!
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 12:54 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i would stay single, if you are even questioning it, you know you dont want to do it. divorce is expensive if you guys dont work out.
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 3:44 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• marriage will not wk then
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 4:30 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• If you have to wonder if marrying him would be a good idea, then don't do it. Not yet, anyway. You separated for a year, and have only been back together 6 months. It may just be doubts that are natural because you guys aren't yet on solid ground in the relationship again. In time, you may find that things become more stable and then you'll want to marry him.

And you may find that these doubts are because you really don't want to be with him. Either way, give it some more time before you make that decision.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:27 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• All I can say is follow your first mind and you won't make a mistake, if your not sure you want to marry this guy then you better not because you will be misable and regret it and then the problems will start and you don't need that in front of the kids.
    Talk to him and tell him you do love him but your not ready to settle down and get married yet and assure him you not dating or sleeping with anyone else but your just not ready.
    Hopefully he will understand
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2011