• In the Spotlight:

Not a question, had to share my "awe" moment

We had a rather rough evening around here. DS (he's 5) was super tired at about 6pm, but by then it was too late for a nap so I tried lasting till bedtime. I gave up at 7pm and put him to bed. He's never gone to bed that early so he threw a nice tantrum, but ended up falling asleep in like 10 minutes. Well just as I suspected, he woke up at 11pm. I told him if he laid quiet on the couch we could watch Nick Jr together, so that's what we're doing. A few nights ago we saw Mars Needs Moms in theaters. For those who don't know the gist is the martians need moms, so they come down and take the "good ones" from earth, and the boy goes to mars to get his mom back. Well while we're laying here, after the horrible, horrible evening we had, my son looked up at me and goes "Mom, I'm really glad mars doesn't take you. I think your a really good mom but don't tell anyone because then mars would take you and I'd be sad." My heart just melted, and all the negative of the day faded away. Can't get much sweeter then that :)

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:51 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• happyThats the best thing about being a mom these precious moments!!! Gotta love it!! If this was facebook I would like this a trillion times. Now I am going to have to check out that movie!

NewMayMommy_25

Answer by NewMayMommy_25 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Soooooo sweet! ♥ Those moments make all the horrid parts so worthwhile hey. :D
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• hahaha..sweet! gotta love those little boys!!

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Awwwwwww. It's so worth going through the horrible stuff to receive such sweet words from your child!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Awwwwwwwww you just have to live for times like that! precious
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2011