Funny things your kid said lately??

ok..since most of you aren't on my FB and didn't see my status, i'll share this here.

the other day my almost-6yo saw a note i'd put above the hampers in the laundry, and got so disgusted and upset with me.
the note said, ''whites only'', which was directly above..duh, the compartment that holds only white clothing/etc. (the dh is constantly putting his colored socks/etc in the wrong compartment..and yeah, it grates on my nerves.)
he came to me, palms stretched-out and upward, to punctuate his words, i guess.."MOM! YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT!! DON'T YOU REMEMBER WHAT MLK, JR SAID ABOUT ALL GOD'S PEOPLE, BROWNS AND WHITES?? THEY CAN ALL GO IN THE SAME PLACES!! DON'T YOU REMEMBER, MOM??"

hahahaha...he kills me. i had to explain my laundry-sorting OCD to him.
at least i know he's an equal-opportunity kindergartner!!

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 1:05 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• hahahahahaha that's awesome. Oh man I had to get up to pee because I was laughing so hard!

Last week DS told me he couldn't go to bed because he was singing a song in his head and if he tried to walk then he would forget the words, which would make his brain think of the words, and then he'd forget to walk, and then he'd fall and end up having to go to the hospital to get stitches. So he just couldn't possibly go to bed. When I was done processing, cause I'm aware that's one long run-on sentence, I was like what? Go to bed! And as he's walking down the hall he goes "ok, but you're gambling with fate mom." I said I'd take my chances lol

I swear 4-7 year old boys really do say some of the darnedest things
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 1:15 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• A few months ago, before my DD turned 3, she made little squiggly marks in crayon on a friend's kitchen table. They have a daughter almost the exact same age, and she was sitting there as well, so we didn't know who had done the marking. I asked DD "Did you write on the table with the crayon?" and she said "No." Then, she apparently thought better about lying, because she said, verbatim: "Actually, Mama, I did do it, but I'd rather not go to time-out.", followed by the most angelic smile you've ever seen.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• "momma- guess what i did? I pooped over therein the yard" is what my soon to be 3 year old daugher proclaimed to me as we were all outside. we had been cleaning the cars and what not. yeah. she was not lying- apparently our 8 week old puppy is teaching her bad things lol.
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 1:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Another one from my daughter- My mother was messing with my daughter because she was trying to get her to carry her bag of muffins and Elizabeth just did not wan to so my mom said "well i am just going to give them to blake then" (My son who is 7 months old) Elizabeth whips around with this serious face and yells at her "NO GRANNIE! YOU CAN'T GIVE THEM TO BLAKE! HE HAS NO TEETH! HE CAN'T EAT THEM!"
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 1:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• While singing row, row, row your boat: "Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily. Life is but a taco..." We like to replace certain words in songs with silly words. My 4 year old thinks it's hilarious. That was her contribution the other night.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• As I was getting ready to go to the grocery,
    my 3yr old daughter went inside the bedroom and said to me, "Mommy I want ice cream for dinner from Walmart." I was like "what, ice cream for dinner, from WalMart, not Target? It was so funny, coming from a 3yr old, and she looked serious.
    BloomingJen

Answer by BloomingJen at 1:41 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• my boys love dinosaurs. My 7 yr old was showing his baby brother some dinos in a book. He pointed out one and said,"Camden, this one's a broccoli-a-saurus!" I about fell off the bed!
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• another one, from tonight..

i went to walmart to get a gift for a little girl in his class (party's tomorrow), and i asked him what he thought she'd like. ''a Barbie. there's a new one, though. something about a fairy tale princess. get that one.''
    ok..so i found it. brought it home, and said, ''well? you think she'll like it? wouldn't you like to have a Barbie, too?"..joking.
    he said, ''heck ya! have you seen all the stuff they have for girls and Barbies??? more than they have Legos!!"

oh boys...
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 1:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2011