Thoughts on the new .XXX domain?

Bush didn't like it. Obama opposed it. Churches think it's a bad idea.

What say you?

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/03/18/obama-administration-disappointed-about-new-porn-domain

Please google if you don't like the source. It's what I just read, and i don't feel led to find you something else.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:09 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• i don't feel led to find you something else.--

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! i love it!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It seems like the politicians don't have anything better to do besides taking out the prick in Libya, or trying to prevent a nuclear disaster in Japan. Well I guess it isn't true after all...that men thinks with their dicks
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:37 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Honestly? I could not care less. It's not even on my radar. Now that you've brought it to my attention, though, I will say that it would be nice if all porn sites used it - that way I'd never again view a porn site due to a typo.

There's actually a name for that. Typosquatting.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I agree with Duster Mommy on this one :)
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 1:41 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Google searches would be much easier that is for sure
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:03 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I was going to say the same as Duster. If this means that ALL porn sites--including pop-up ads, and such will be exclusively relegated to the "xxx" domain, then that's a a good thing...as it will be the users INTENTION to visit such sites!

I should also think it would make the job of law enforcement officers who monitor certain adult sites for child porn and pedophiles a little easier as they would all be "corralled."
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I kind of think its a good thing.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:01 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I agree with some of the other ladies. If this means that all porn sights have to use it, that's a good thing.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:23 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I think they should have to use it actually it would stop accidently going to porn sites the article says they don't have to but can.

It was stupid on my part but I wanted to go to dicks sporting goods site a couple of years ago and typed in Dicks.com.......... That was the last time I did that it took forever to get out of it and I saw plenty of things that weren't sporting equipment.

It was also amusing to find out that whitehouse.com brought people to a pornsite thinking of all those poor people LOL
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It was stupid on my part but I wanted to go to dicks sporting goods site a couple of years ago and typed in Dicks.com.......... That was the last time I did that it took forever to get out of it and I saw plenty of things that weren't sporting equipment.

***
    LMAO...I did the same thing a few years ago, too!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:12 AM on Mar. 19, 2011