Did you know??? I did'nt!

Did you know that by throwing an old (out of use) cell phone or charger in the trash, it leaches dangerous toxins like mercury into the environment? Yikes!
Instead you can take them to any T-Mobile to recycle them, it's okay if it's not a T-Mobile phone, they take all kinds =)

WhitneyMommyOf2

Asked by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 1:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Health

• No!  I didn't know that!  Well luckily I've donated all of our old phones to the womens shelter.  Wow.  That's crazy.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:54 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I thought I read somewhere that cell phones have some trace of gold in their inner workings.
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 2:50 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• We recycle phones through our daughter's school; they send phones, ink and toner cartridges, etc., and receive points that they can use to buy ink and toner for the school.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:52 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Best Buy has big bins for this at the front of their stores too.
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 6:08 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• All batteries of any type will eventually leak toxins into the environment so don't throw any batteries in the trash. Home Depot will take regular spent batteries for you.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2011