One of the reasons I hate the hospital! adult content

SO, a while back I had a scare.  I thought that my water had broken and went to the hospital.  I was only about 20 weeks so I was extremely upset.  Everything turned out okay.  Yes, I had peed on myself and thought my water had broken, lol.  Well right next to me this lady was in labor.  There weren't any walls seperating us, just curtains so I could hear her getting sick.  Everytime she had a contraction she was getting sick.  The nurse was SO freaking mean to her!  She was like "you need to suck it up and quit throwing up".  After a few more put downs about how she needed to "suck it up" I decided to butt my nose in and say something.  I got up to walk over there and all of a sudden the nurse yells "OMG, your so disgusting".  Yes ladies, I told her my famous line of Have a cup of shut the hell up, lol.  That lady was so scared!  I couldn't believe it!  That nurse was the only person that lady had there and she had terrified her.  Then the lady asked me if I would stay with her.  After she got her epidural she was fine, but damn, I still can't get it out of my head.  Do you hate the hospital?  Why?

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 2:30 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Continued... I by now was completely fed up with him. I said man how the fuck you think you been going to school and your school knows more than I know about my body. I then paged for my nurse. She comes in and I said please get this inconsiderate bastard outta my room. (when I get mad my nasty mouth comes out) So she wants to know what's going on. She asks me then goes out the room rom and ask him. So they put me on the monitor. I'm having contractions every five minutes. Long story short they gave me fluids and contractions didn't stop. My normal is to have contractions, I just don't dilate. It's extremely painful but it's my normal. Instead of him learning something new he was too busy being an ASShole!!! I HATE HOSPITAL THE NURSES THINK THEY'VE SEEN EVERYTHING. It's horrible!!
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 1:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Wow I can't believe the nurse was that rude. I would have called the nursing director of the hospital & reported her. I used to work in assisted living until I decided to become a SAHM & I think that some ppl are just there for the paycheck while others are there for the patient. Nurses need to be patient with ppl as there are any number of ways ppl handle certain situations & I'm sorry but maybe the woman in labor couldn't freaking help it!?!?! ARGH!!! I think I'da gone postal on the nurse!
    bethany49

Answer by bethany49 at 2:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I can so totally believe this and yes, this is why I hate hospitals (and sorry, have come to distrust nurses/paramedics). I had some similar experiences with medical treatment and you'd think that paramedics would have the decency to be compassionate when you obviously have a medical emergency. And nurses in the hospital need to be on antiwitch pills b/c I really don't see how they got hired to be nurses. They need to suck it up, they CHOSE to work in the healthcare field. That's what everyone of us should tell them if they're ever rude. I don't pay you hundreds of dollars to be mean to me or to be left on a stretcher in a hallway for over 12 hours! It's not healthcare, it's healthScare.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:48 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Last night at the ER a nurse called me an idiot because I did not take prenatal class. I about cried he was so mean. And was making fun of other patients too. I reported him.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:45 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i hate the hospital because we took my healthy dh in with back pain from a ruptured disc and they gave him a spinal tap for no reason that introduced bacteria into his blood that almost killed him and landed him in icu for 12 days
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:20 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• If that was me in labor I would have on purposely thrown up on that nurse and then told her to suck it up!!! Im a nursing student and we are taught to be compassionate. Some people have no patience though. Its their license on the line if they get complained about enough and I surely would have reported her.
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 3:47 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• same malpractice happened with my mom. she went in walking and came out unable to walk and hasn't been walking for the past 20 years due to them allowing a resident fledgling doctor to remove fluid from her knee. He tore the her ligament in the process and didn't stop despite her screaming for him to stop. Never go to the hospital alone and always have someone question everything they do. I seriously think these healthscare people have mental issues because they don't seem to really care and double-check what they do
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:50 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Ladies,

I apologize on behalf of my peer nurses and medical staff. As an RN I am mortified by your horror stories. Please trust that not all medical staff are just in it for the money. I love being a nurse and do my best everyday to make my patients feel safe and cared for. If I ever heard one of my coworkers speaking to a patient in the way that you ladies have described I would do everything in my power to have them fired, right after I chewed their asses myself!
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 4:49 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Bad nurse...not the hospital. She sure could use some bedside manners.
    karensue65

Answer by karensue65 at 7:11 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Wow! I would've turned that Nurse in for sure. When i had my son, he is 16 now, I was all alone, his Dad took off when i got pregnant, and ti just so happened my sister and brother in law were both at work, the nurse i had was so mean to me too. She said since i had lamaz class just breathe, and that i was being a baby, she was so hateful. I ended up having to have an emergency csection because i was killing my baby, they had to put me on oxygen, and i was making Dakota's heartbeat go down to around 80, I don't think it would've been so bad if i had a nurse that was actually nice. I bitched about her after the baby was born, and i was in the hospital for 5 days and thank god i never had to see her again the whole time.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2011