Anyone try this yet?

Ancestry.com

Wondering if anyone has tried their "14-day Free Trial" and chose the monthly plan and if you had any trouble cancelling or had no problem when it came time to cancel before being billed a few times before they actually cancelled your time on there.

I want to try it out but read so many stories from places, it seems they continue to charge you regardless and you end up paying more than the $19.95 for the just one month after the trial period and they wont reimburse you months later and you lose close to $100.00.

I'm a bit hesitant and thought I would ask on here if anyone has had any experience with Ancestry.com or known some one whom has. THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Maybe call the Better Business Bureau to see what they have to say about them
    bethany49

Answer by bethany49 at 2:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• once I bought something on line from an add and I was charged hundreds of dollars more than they were suppose to. Finally got that stopped and they gave my card number to some overseas company and I was charged small weird amounts randomly. Like 3.46 or 4.64 for some obscure company. I caught one of these charges and went back and found a number of fraudulent charges. My bank after much protest stopped it. But it was not worth the aggravation.
    If you are interested in ancestry, try the Church of Latter Day Saints. I understand that they have one of the most extensive databases.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:05 AM on Mar. 19, 2011