Have anyone daughter or son participated in a cotillion????

dubewife

Asked by dubewife at 3:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I went to cotillion and when my kids get older they will be going too. From talking to other people, I think it's a cultural thing - I'm from the South. I think it's extremely helpful in teaching children not only advanced etiquette, but also teaches them things that will be helpful in a business environment as they get older.

Answer by missanc at 8:41 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Its an extremely southern thing. Here in my town it is by invitation only and the one that my children were invited to participate in was the most expensive to participate in.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:27 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• we are in so cal and our kids did it but it wasnt a teen thing... it was from about 5th grade to 7th grade... after that the kids got board of it.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• yes it is Southern.We live in the same city my husband and I grew up in and all our children have been invited to join and participate in the same Cotillion we belonged to.Love the tradition

drfink

Answer by drfink at 11:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2011