I need advice, I dont know if i should quit my job.

So a week ago my boss tells me that some of the employees have been accused of stealing at work, well i know of a lot of bad things that have been happening.Things that could get one fired.I told him many things that were going on, i thought i was doing the right thing.Well this week, he keeps asking me if anyone has confronted me& if they do to let him know asap.I also heard from another employee how one staff member wanted to assault me.So i question my boss if i should be worried about being assaulted& if there was somethig going on& he acts dumb, he doesnt know what to say.He gives me this story on if anyone assaults me he will have them fired& will press charges if anything happens to me.He is so shady, i hate my job because of all the illegal things that go on in there.I need my job but at this point i dnt know if its safe to stay there.I took the job because its a decent job and because i need to pay my bills.I know if i wuit my job we will live paycheck to paycheck w/dh job,so i dnt know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• What line of work are you in? just curious. If it's just retail, I'd find another job quick before quitting this one. You don't need this kind of stress in your life
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• You should definitely be looking for another job. You should also speak with HR about your concerns.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• First, stop telling on all the other employees. Two, Do not just quite. Start looking for a different job, then quite.

Answer by louise2 at 6:30 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I would defnintely be looking for another job. Sounds like an unsafe place to be in and it sounds like a shady business.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Unfortunately, the damage is done so I would just start looking for another job and get out of there ASAP! I would not quit until you have another one.

Good Luck!!
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Just hang in their as long as you can and see what happens but don't put yourself in harms way. I don't think the employees that got fired want to risk the chance of going to jail for assult so i wouldn't worry to much they are just mad. Just watch your boss and keep your nose clean so he doesn't have a reason to fire you especially now days when jobs are so hard to come by
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• What an awful situation for you.

Definitely look for another job... and keep yourself safe in the one you are in.

What sort of work do you do?
    dabsbeauty

Answer by dabsbeauty at 6:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2011