RE: Am I peeing on myself? HELP

Earlier I posted a post with the same title! I am 9 and a half months pregnant and I was leaking a lot of stuff but it wasn't pee. It was idk LOL so I called my doctor and they said to come into L&D and I did. I was there all day and they said my water didnt break. They also said it's just vaginal discharge but I'm still leaking like so much that a pad will not suffice. I am now subjected to putting a towel in my underwear and it's almost soaked... BUT the doctors sent me home because no contractions and my water didnt break. What is going on? I don't think its vaginal discharge, it's continuous and like water! I can't go anywhere with this leakage. I know the doctors opinion matters but what do you guys think it is? Or has anyone experienced this...

ohprettymommy

Asked by ohprettymommy at 4:05 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Wow!  That doesn't sound like peeing to me!  I guess since your so far along there could be serious pressure on your bladder and could make you pee like that.  I noticed that I started leaking a lot of fluid (not water breaking) right before I gave birth and was told the same thing.  That was like a couple of days before delivering though so maybe your there!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I'm pretty sure that would be your waters, honey. Doctors are idiots. Go back to L&D.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 4:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I leaked a little urine when in labor with my fifth baby, but it was just a few drops here and there, not continuous, nothing like you describe. That surely has to be your amnion. Labor won't be far off, all going well, but you need to be monitored because if you don't go into labor spontaneously, they'll need to induce or at least monitor because the risk of infection is high once the waters break.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 4:13 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• See they checked me on the ultrasound and the babies fine and she has fluid but i want to know wth is coming out of me! LOL It's so uncomfortable, I just just put a towel in my underwear at 1 and now i need another one. =/
    ohprettymommy

Comment by ohprettymommy (original poster) at 4:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• wow i dont know cause i had gotten induced but hope all goes well and congrates for your bubba on the way also go back to the doc sometimes they get things wrong
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 4:18 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yeah, that's what I'm saying too.  I don't remember leaking THAT much.  I would go back and tell them idiots to check again, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• that didnt use their "special" paper? the one they stick inside you and if it turns green or blue (dont remember which) then then can tell your water broke...?
    lilliedoll

Answer by lilliedoll at 4:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Maybe there WAS still some of the fluid when they did the u/sound scan, but I bet there's not much left now! I'd really urge you to go back.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 5:20 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• it sounds like your water is leaking slowly instead of breaking all at once. maybe it was doing that somewhat when they checked you but has just gotten worse, are you having any contractions now?
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• when my water broke I thought the same thing as you... (yikes, I heard that you would get alittle bladder pressure, but, this is crazy)... I didnt think it was my water right away because I was a month early... does it seem to gush when you sit or try to stand ... I noticed it would not be as bad when walking or standing because the babys head blocked the cervix etc...If you are experiencing any of these symptoms it is more than likely your water.. I slept with a towel between my legs till morning because the contractions didnt start...When my water broke they also did a slide of the fluid... they looked for a pattern called "ferning" that positively identified it as aminotic fluid...(I am sure that something new has come along for testing) I also remember them telling me that your body produces aminotic fluid till the baby is born. because I thought the same thing... Congrats on the new baby on the way...
    TraceyLu

Answer by TraceyLu at 7:51 AM on Mar. 19, 2011