If you knew you were going to die in 3 days' time, . . . ?

. . . what would be your regrets?

It's a useful question to ask ourselves from time to time I think.

Is there anything you can do over the next 5 years to avoid these regrets?

[wasn't quite sure what category to put this in]

quietmo

Asked by quietmo at 6:04 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Health

• Great question!

I would regret not making the trip to visit my old friends where I used to live. In the three years since I moved I've only seen them once.
    I would also regret not seeing more of my grandparents who are also long distance.

I think I might regret that I never finished losing weight and never got to lay on the beach in a bathing suit without reservations.

I can't think of anything else. I try to figure these things out too, and nip them in the bud before they become big regrets!
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 6:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I agree with angelmommy...this is an awesome question

I think my biggest regret would be not having the chance to go back to school and finish my education
    and not spending as much time as I could have with my younger siblings (ages 8-12) they really look up to me and adore my daughter but since I don't live in the same city as my mom and them it's hard to spend the time with them that I know they would like....I talk to my mom everyday, either on the phone or over the computer but it's harder with them for some reason.....
    I'm going to have to make more of an effort to spend time with my brothers and sister.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:20 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Not seeing my grand sons.
    I do not think I could fix it, it is not my fault I am not in their lives.

Answer by louise2 at 6:20 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Not sure that this is a regret, but I wish I could have finished college. I only had a semester to go, but unfortunately, my body had other plans that didn't include finishing college or a career. So, like I said, I'm not real sure that it is a regret, more of a situation that I had no control over.

gailpen

Answer by gailpen at 8:02 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Honestly, I don't have any regrets. There are things that I wish would be different, but I do not regret it because sometimes things just have to happen.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:29 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Id regret having to die so early in life. Im only 45. No other regrets though. Im one of those rare people who's made peace with my past.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:43 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I don't think I would. Everything I have done in the past has made me who I am and who I think God would want me to be.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Me n my mom don't see eye to eye...her fault though
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 2:48 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Not seeing my family enough. Not quitting smoking. Not loseing those 30 pounds. Not being able to fight my pain.
    aBewitching1

Answer by aBewitching1 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 20, 2011