How did I do it?????

I have my 2yo and 6yo grandDD's living with me. DD is divorcing. I did not realize how energetic kids where.  The 2yo. She gets into everthing. I had to rearange my whole house and put up everything.   How did I do it when my 2 DD's where that age? I do not know.

Asked by louise2 at 6:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• It was easier then because you were younger and had more energy. It was also easier then because this is a whole new era in which children are not nearly as well disciplined by their own parents as they were when your own children were young. ;-)
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:50 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• You were younger and had more energy. I have a five yo and 2 yo boy. They are very active. Sometimes, I wonder how I do it, too. Lol.
    ARgal

Answer by ARgal at 6:54 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I have a 5 yr old grandson and I shake my head wondering how i did it when my kids were that age. Good luck, I know how you feel.
    MommaKath1975

Answer by MommaKath1975 at 6:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It was easier, because the change was gradual, from infants to babies to toddlers to preschoolers.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• you were younger then and if you had them living with you all thier life then you would probally be use to it. My brother just moved in with my Mom, and she has had a hard time adjusting to having 3 kids under 10 running around. Atleast its getting nice out so you can take them outside more to lose some of that energy.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:18 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Im sure you put it all up back then to. But your correct. Kids today have SOO much more energy.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:41 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Thought the same thing when my 1 and 2 1/2 yo grandsons were here for 3 weeks (DD divorcing also) ... it was nuts!
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2011