Do you, did you, kiss your kids on the mouth?

If so, when, if ever, should this stop?

quietmo

Asked by quietmo at 6:50 AM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I did when my DD was little. I think it should stop when the child is no longer comfortable kissing a parent on the mouth. For us, that was about 4th grade. My parents kissed us on the mouth and still do when we see them, but it is a quick peck like it was when we were kids. It is all about comfort level, though. When it becomes uncomfortable for the child, move the kiss to another part of the face.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yes it should stop when/if a child is uncomfortable. Since me dd was born we've done kisses on the lips they're just little pecks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• yes, my 8 yr old still gives a kiss good bye and good night. I think my 16 yr old stopped though when he was 8, i think it just depends on the child. Its not a big deal.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:15 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yes, but my boys are not even school-age yet. I am sure they will stop as they grow up and don't want to kiss their momma on the mouth anymore. :-)
    ARgal

Answer by ARgal at 7:16 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yes, I do kiss them on the mouth. If they decide it makes them uncomfortable I'll stop. I don't kiss my mom like that anymore and haven't for years. We mainly do the cheek.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 7:24 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Right now since my daughter is young, she gets pecks on the mouth, but she also gets kisses on the cheek, tummy, hands, etc. ;) It's about comfort for her. She insists at the moment. ;)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:28 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I do and I refuse to stop.  I had them, I will kiss them until I am no longer able to run them down and tackle them with the intention of planting big smackaroos right on their lips.  Okay, a little dramatic but you get my point, lol. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I personally don't kiss my 7 yr old ds on his lips and I don't allow others to either! I also tell him not to let people kiss him on the lips! Everyone's entitled to there own opinion but I just have a lot of phobias when it comes to germs so I always kiss him, my nieces and nephews on their cheeks!

SimplyJassy

Answer by SimplyJassy at 8:05 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I did when they were little, but not any more. They/we just eventually stopped. Don't know why,it just stopped. My children are 22 months and 3yo
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 8:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• HECK YES!!!!!!!! I LOVE MY LIL ONE!!!!!!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:28 AM on Mar. 19, 2011